A little headway with lcftech…

I don’t want to jinx this but after a session with AC on Wednesday afternoon I’m feeling quite optimistic about getting the LTI plug in we found for expression engine working on lcftech and its sister sites.

After finally getting root level access to the server, finding where the files could be edited (which turns out to be inside EE – we spent 30 minutes making changes to apparently unconnected files on the server), installing the plug in, configuring the consumer, creating the right external tool Moodle resource and a bit of php jiggery pokery we weren’t quite able to seal the deal…. the sites are communicating, but only as far as an error prompt to sign in…

But never the less I feel pretty positive about where we are.

There is enough progress that I’ve been able to e mail the guy who developed the plug in (an Australian working at Newcastle University AU) so hopefully when he comes back from leave in June we’ll be able to find out where we are going wrong and finally resolve this!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s